Friday, August 12, 2011

You can't have too many sundresses...

Especially ones made out of used sheets.  This particular dress was made out of a sheet I found as we cleaned out a closet at my mom's house.  Can you guess what era the sheet is from?!?!  I can't quite read the tag since it's fraying, but the copyright is definitely 1970-something.  Apparently it was my grandma's, and she ripped a corner off for some reason.  I looked at it and thought: Sundress.  Here it is!

I found that sewing this dress went a lot better than my last sundress.  It is also better sewn with a more finished interior.  Each time I sew one of these, I do something a little silly, and I make it better the next time.  I'm really close to having it just right, though.  Fortunately, a well-placed sash hides the problem area: Where the skirt join the top.











The v-neck was a last minute addition.  I had a flat cut across, but I realize that it really needed to be a 'v'.




I'm loving the criss-cross straps, too!  I wanted something a little different this time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com