Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Knitted Potholder


I had some extra yarn from a quilted blanket that I'm knitting, and I found instructions for a really nice potholder here. This is what convinced me to figure out seed stitch. I could knit, and I could purl, but for some reason having to switch between them every stitch was a mess at first. I finally figured out that I was forgetting to pull my yarn to the back before each knit stitch. Aha!

I thought that 50 stitches was a lot, so I scaled things back. I did use Size 8 needles.

Here's what I did:
Cast On 40 stitches with two strands
Row 1-4: Seed stitch
Row 5-21: 4 seed, knit 13, purl 13, 4 seed
Row 22-38: 4 seed, purl 13, knit 13, 4 seed
Row 39-42: Seed stitch
Bind off, but don't cut the yarn
Finger crochet your "hanging loop" to be as long as you want. Then cut the yarn and sew the ends in.

Here's a picture with vegetables. Yay, vegetables!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com