Monday, September 19, 2011

Our new place

Here are some pictures of our new place so that you have a mental picture of where we're at.  While I might be struggling to get used to the location of our apartment (more on that later), we chose an apartment that is well-suited for our lifestyle.  It has plenty of storage space for food, lots of big windows facing west to let in light for my plants (and myself), our own washer and dryer, and a dishwasher which is nice since washing dishes is the one job that Matthew and I both really just don't like doing.  The kitchen has a little bit more counter space which is good, and the walls are white instead of brown, which is pretty much amazing.

Without further ado, here are some pictures.  Sorry some of them have a weird stripe thing causing an image problem; the blogger picture uploader was not working well yesterday or today.

Bedroom...

More bedroom...

Dining room... 

Part of the living room.  The boxes are textbooks and stuff Matthew's going to take to work.

More living room.


View from the dining room.







View from the living room.
What else is a person going to do with a walk-in closet except stow a  small deep freezer inside?


Kitchen and stuff...

More kitchen...

More kitchen...

















Even more kitchen...



Pantries are kind of awesome.  Now I can buy 25 pound bags of oats and still have somewhere to put them.



View from the bedroom.
I got attacked by our stuff while moving...  It's worth sharing, I think.


8 comments:

Kenny said...

Well, you could turn a walk in closet into a bedroom, or a computer room (since my non-walk in closet is currently my computer room). Glad to see your new place looks so nice. But it is different than your old apartment! I don't know if I can approve ;)

Kate said...

It looks nice! :)

Karen said...

Kenny, in my studio apartment the year before Matthew and I got married, I did use my walk-in closet as my bedroom! Our current one isn't long enough to fit in any sort of real bed, though. ;) I know you don't like change either, so I don't expect you to approve. You might be happy to know that the living room is essentially the same as in our last place (it was hard to convey that with pictures). Since that's your "bedroom", you should feel at home-ish.

Thanks, Kate!

dad said...

very nice place :) .

Kenny said...

I know Karen, that's why I mentioned it. As for the living room, there's not supposed to be a hallway on the left of the couch ;)

Karen said...

I had them put that hallway in there just to bother you. ;)

Shaunda Devins said...

Hmm, I feel for you on that wound. I experienced that when we moved into our first home. I was too eager to organize the boxes on one side that I accidentally hit one of the boxes corner. And I'm telling it hurt a lot. Sometimes, it pays to be extra cautious though. Hehehe.

Karen said...

There's just something about moving! You're tired, you're stressed... and you get hurt!

Mine was caused by one of those sets of plastic drawers. I lifted a full one up by the top, and the top popped off and the heavy bottom part scraped me on the way down. I still have a nice pink scar months later! I'm glad the drawers weren't broken though (the top pops back on); I hate breaking things...

May other movers experience less pain!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com