Saturday, August 20, 2011

Knitted quilt... Part II

 Remember this guy?  I knitted him, and sewed him together... and he lasted about a week.  I just wasn't happy with how the colors blended when they were in blocks like that!  So, I untied all of the knots, unraveled all of the squares...








... and made this guy!  Granny squares to the rescue! It took some extra effort, but I'm glad I did it.  I am much happier with the results.  








The colors still look a little funny in the picture... the red really isn't that weird looking, I promise. :)

Here's where I got the tutorial for the granny squares in case you're interested!  I used a pretty big crochet hook because I wanted big squares, and I wasn't worried about having a bunch of big spaces in the blanket.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com