Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A quilt

 I finished a quilt yesterday!  Since I have time these days, I figured I'd make a small-ish quilt for when we have kids.  I made it small enough for a baby to play on, a toddler/young child to sleep under, and an older child to adult to wrap around them.  I think it will be easy to find used baby blankets, but I wanted to make something special that will last and be usable for a long time.  So, here you are, Not-Yet-Existent Child!

If you are interested, I used these instructions only without the gathering. I just cut out 4" squares.

This is a good project for small scraps, too.  The squares don't take too much of any fabric.  I used some scraps of my own, and I also used some given to me by a friend's mom who quilts for charities.  (Thank you!)  For the off-white borders and the blue binding/backing, I needed a fair amount of fabric, so I got a couple of sheets from Goodwill.  I had a bag of batting that was supposed to be used by a friend but ended up not being used, so I didn't have to go out and find that this time.  Hooray!




4 comments:

Diana said...

I love it! If I had time I would totally take some of Viv's saved baby clothes and make them into a quilt like that!!! It is beautiful, colorful, and will be treasured!

Karen said...

Thanks! :D
Let me know if you want any help making that quilt... I could do as little or as much as you'd like. I'd like to do some more sewing, and I'd love to help make your quilt dream come true! Of course, if you want to save it to do yourself later or something, I'd understand that too. :)

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! And you child, boy or girl will love it

Karen said...

Thanks, Mandy! :)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com