Thursday, October 20, 2011

Birdie pillow

You know what makes me happy?  Sweet little colorful birdies. Very happy indeed.  Can't you hear their hand-stitched beaks shyly peeping?


You might not realize it, but you've seen this pillow before.



Like here.  See that burgandy pillow there?   That is what has been birdified.  (The birdie pillow really is just a sham I made for the burgandy pillow.)  The pillow actually has a snowman on the other side.  The snowman gets to cuddle with the loveseat for all but two months of the year.  At some point early in our marriage, we kind of thought that we would be navy, burgandy, forest green type people.  Now I am realizing that those colors were really representing what I thought I wanted (don't they just seem like blissful middle class colors?).  However, I'm really attracted to brighter colors, and I really love having a handmade look in the home.  I have also learned that I prefer not to have much of a color scheme.  I like having things work well together, but I don't like being confined to specific colors.  A pillow full of colorful birds is perfect for me.

Do you have a color scheme in your living room?  What is it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com