Saturday, June 18, 2011

What Makes Me Happy About the US

After writing a post about some of the large failures of our country and its people, I decided that I should also give a list of what I think that the US is doing more or less correctly!


  • We are a fairly friendly people, I think!  In general, I feel like we have pleasant interactions with each other, and it's alright to crack a joke with a stranger.
  • We have a stable government so that there is relatively little chance of winding up with a crazy dictator.
  • Our government is set up in a way that tries to allow everybody to be involved.
  • We have economic, industrial, educational, health, etc. systems on which we can build, grow and improve.  They may not be that great now, but it's not at all unfathomable to see it get better.
  • For those who can get it, we do have good health care.
  • We are free to express ourselves.  I can write and speak about my spiritual and political beliefs without worrying about being oppressed or persecuted.
  • We are ALL free to express ourselves.  No matter what religion or belief system!  This is so important to me that I thought I would mention it twice.
There you have it.  I'm not all doom and gloom about our nation!  Now let's just build upon our strengths and not ignore our weaknesses.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com