Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The day I became hooker...

On Saturday, I went to Goodwill, and I found a bag of crochet hooks of various sizes.  Monday night, I got around to sitting down and figuring out how to crochet.  After a period of puzzlement while establishing where exactly the hook  is supposed to go, I then quickly pieced together a few of the basic stitches.  Next I needed a project.

On the left, you can see a hat that I knit a long time ago.  I was never very happy with the crinkly top and the brim that rolled, so  I decided to unravel it and make a crocheted hat.

I crocheted on and off all day today, and the picture on the bottom left shows the results of my efforts.  I used the pattern here, and I think it turned out well!

I learned to knit on my 16th birthday, although I didn't dare branch aways from the garter stitch until this past year.  As I crocheted today, though, I wondered why I never bothered learning how to before.  It's surprisingly simple, and I really adore the way it looks.

So, there you have it.  I'm sold.  I'm now officially a knitter and a hooker.

2 comments:

Kenny said...

If you took those pictures today, then we both wore the same shirt today.

Karen said...

Heck yes!

Also, thanks for not judging my life choice to become a hooker.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com