Monday, May 16, 2011

Bitty Birdy

I had bitty balls of yarn leftover from a blanket that I made (pictures to come when I get the lighting right so that the colors don't look crazy).  A bitty knit bird seemed like a pleasant use for some of the yarn.  Add some t-shirt scraps as stuffing and embroidery thread for the face, and we're on our way!  I started with the instructions here, but I wanted a less clunky bird (and I didn't have the right size of needles...), so I played with things a fair amount as I went.  To do this project, I learned how to increase using Knit Front and Back.  I think that learning new things is like crack to me.  Especially when creating things is involved.
Just chillin'.


Finally a bird to accompany the bird house I found on the side of the rode and brought home to paint!

1 comments:

Kate said...

Cute!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com