Saturday, January 1, 2011

What's best about living simply...

Someone today asked me what I liked best about the changes we've made this year when trying to live simply. I had to really think about it because it's hard to really pin down a favorite thing that we do. I'm not sure that I gave her a sufficient answer, but I have thought about it a bit more since and here's what I have come up with.

My favorite thing about living simply is that it makes me feel more content/happy and more whole. It is satisfying. For me, it is a way to live out my faith daily inside of our complicated society. Doing what we do turns our focus away from ourselves, and it constantly forces us to make decisions out of love. It just feels so good to do.

I could write a longer post about the reasons changes we've made feel good, but I just want to leave this one short. Just let me know if you want me to explain more. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com