Sunday, January 23, 2011

Shampoo Update

I talked about making household products here, and I said I was trying a castile soap shampoo. I'm not going to lie; it really didn't work for me. Fortunately, I've found that an even simpler "shampoo" works nicely for my hair, so the castile stuff will be used for body wash instead.

What I use now is baking soda and water. I put about 1 Tbsp of baking soda per cup of water in an old shampoo bottle. When I shower, I shake it up and squirt it along my scalp, massage, and then rinse. I still use the vinegar rinse.

I kind of missed the enjoyment of good smells while cleaning my hair, so I added a couple drops of essential oils. Currently I'm using lemongrass, and I smell like lemonheads right after I shower. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com