Monday, January 17, 2011

Popcorn!

I don't know about you, but I think popcorn is pretty great. However, the price, amount of packaging, and nasty stuff added in when you buy bags of microwave popcorn is not great!

I looked around online, and I found out that you can pop bulk popcorn in the microwave really easily. What I do is put a couple tablespoons of seeds and a bit of olive oil in the bottom of a large-ish Pyrex bowl, cover it up (with something that vents air), and put it in the microwave for a few minutes until the popping slows way down. It's super easy, and super fun to watch if you easily entertained like I am! :)

One benefit to this is the lowered cost. I can buy two cups of organic popcorn seeds for about $1. Yeah. I think that's good too.

I really like that I control what goes on top of the popcorn, too. I always put seasonings in a little bowl with a bit of olive oil and then drizzle it onto the popcorn so that they don't just fall to the bottom. I haven't been too adventuresome yet... We've just added a little salt, garlic powder, or cinnamon sugar so far. I can imagine that there might be some yummy flavor ideas out there though. Dried basil and parmesan? Maybe...

Other ideas?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com