Tuesday, December 13, 2011

snapshot of a winter day

There's no time like winter to sew a quilt!  When finished, this quilt is going to go to a very lovely three-year-old on Matthew's side of the family.  I am hoping that she will get years of snuggles and cuddles under this colorful blanket.  It is really special, too, because the fabric for the blocks came from some of her old clothing that her mom saved.







This has been a cold, dry winter so far.  We have had no rain this month so far, but we have had an abundance of winter sunshine.  While most of our apartment does not get any direct sunlight this time of year, between 2pm and 3pm, if I open the blinds in the bedroom, I can see a patch of sunlight on the wall.  I love seeing light on walls.  During last summer, I would lie on the bed and lazily watch the shadows of the maple leaves dancing on our bedroom wall.  While there was no dancing on the wall today, I still welcome the light.






A partly cloudy winter day lends itself well to a spectacular winter sunset.  The photos speak for themselves!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com