Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Local Eats - Sunchokes with Crimini Mushrooms

It's winter, and the veggies at the store seem to be coming from California more and more often.  Living in northwest Oregon, I prefer to buy foods grown in Oregon and Washington.  Enter in the sunchokes (aka Jerusalem artichokes) and mushrooms!

As a kid, when my mom made artichokes, I remember digging through the leaves with great anticipation for the best part of the artichoke: the heart.  What does that have to do with sunchokes?  Sunchokes taste a whole lot like the heart of an artichoke.  YUM.

I more or less used this recipe when cooking yesterday.  I only used olive oil, sunchokes, and crimini mushrooms though, and it was really good.

If you like artichoke hearts, you should really give it a try!  It's easy and delicious!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com