Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Good drying rack vs. Bad drying rack

 Recently, I wrote about our flimsy plastic drying rack that finally cracked in a way that made it unusable.  We went through a process of deciding what time of drying rack would be best.  We considered chrome because we thought it would be sturdy and long lasting, but from reviews that we read, the ones on the market seem to be fairly cheaply made, and they tend to rust. Instead, we decided to look for a sturdy wood drying rack.  Instead of relying on Amazon.com for one of these, I  found this website and liked what I saw.  We got the small size rack, and it holds about the same amount of clothing as my old one.  At the bottom of this post you can see the old drying rack and the new drying rack.

I like the fact that the rack is lightweight but feels like it won't break.  It is fairly narrow and probably could blow over if it's pretty windy, but I think that in general it seems like it will stand up well to regular use.  It was pretty expensive, but I think that it was a good investment that will last far longer than the three years the old $15 plastic drying rack lasted.  Additionally, from what I could tell, the money was going to a small business instead of a large company, which I find appealing.

My only "complaints" about the ordering process was that the man we ordered from did not notify us when our order shipped, even after we emailed him asking if it had been.  However, it came a week after we ordered it, so it really was not a big deal.  The other unfortunate part was the fact that it was shipped with a styrofoam wrapper around it and a fair amount of additional plastic.  Fortunately, you can always find someone on Craiglist looking for free packaging materials, so I know that we won't have to throw it all away, but it was a downside worth mentioning.

All in all, I'm pleased with our purchase, and I feel like I can recommend this product!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com