Saturday, March 12, 2011

More finished projects...

Not the greatest picture, but here are the three potholders I made.  The one on the right is a deep red.  I posted the directions for this project here.  I had to scale things for each one though because I had three different types of yarn.

It's almost finals week here, and I don't have a lot that I need to do for it this term.  Yay!  However, those of you who know me remotely well know that I tend to do more than I need to when studying... To prevent that, I gave myself a project last night.  I had a used sheet that I bought at Goodwill, and I decided to turn part of it into a dress.  I used a pattern to give me a rough idea of how to do the top, but I'm pretty proud of myself because most of this I did by just making guesses and decisions as I went.  Matthew even helped on this project because he held the back up each time I tried things on, and he pinned things in the the back as I went.  I feel like I should be wearing this sundress in a field of flowers, but it's pretty gray and sprinkly today, so here I am in front of our door.

2 comments:

nataliakristine said...

Such a cute dress Karen! I have a couple skirt tutorials saved on my computer that I am working up the nerve to try this summer. Probably won't turn out as good as yours. :)

Karen said...

Thanks! Funny, I also have some skirt tutorials bookmarked online! The easiest one was a drawstring skirt which might be a good place to start if you haven't done a ton of sewing.

It really just takes some practice (and patience to go back and redo things when you inevitably screw up)! This is the third dress I have made, and it gets easier each time. Don't be discouraged if things don't come out right at first. I can't count the number times I've worked on sewing projects where I've had to stop and yell, "OH NO!" ;)

I do hope that you do try making some skirts, and I also hope that I can look forward to seeing your lovely self showing them off in your blog!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com