Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I know it's Spring, but...

Look at how cute he is!!!
I saw a picture of a sock snowman on a blog I read, and my heart was immediately filled with joy!  I have a pile of Matthew's old socks that have holes in the heels, and I suddenly knew what one of them was going to be used for.   (Lest I leave you wondering, my socks get holes too, but they are better able to be used as handkerchiefs when we are moping around the house with a cold.)

I grabbed the old socks, and dug into my bag of small scraps leftover from projects.  I used a couple pieces of thread to tie his belly off, and then used a scrap of the old sheet used to make my sundress to make a scarf.  Markers were used to make the face, and voila!  Adorable little snowman!  Oh, the little gray hat is complements of the grey toe that Matthew's sock has.

I'll probably make a few more of these in my lifetime... Buttons might be used in the future.  Fabric scraps might also be used to make fun hats.

*crafting bliss*

2 comments:

Kate said...

Cute! What did you fill him with? More old socks?

Karen said...

Old socks would certainly have worked; however, I have a bag of fabric scraps from sewing projects, so I used these scraps instead.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com