Friday, December 18, 2009

Dare I? Politics... Part III

My final installment in the politics series. :)

When all is said and done, I think that it's important to realize that the political situation locally, nationally, and internationally seems like a HUGE DEAL, but I don't think it's healthy to become obsessed about it. Governments have ebbed and flowed, we've had conservative presidents and liberal presidents, and the world has had evil leaders and gracious ones. I think that it's important to do what one can to have a positive effect politically, but I've met people who freak out about our current political situation, and it sucks the joy out of them.

I believe God's bigger than any leader on earth. I also have a feeling that he finds politics less significant than we do. No leader has ever stopped the sun from rising. Nobody has stopped flowers from blooming. Babies still have infectious smiles. There's still joy in hugging and laughing. There are people doing good. We complain about how evil the world is, but God's still here loving us and blessing us and being as in control as ever.

Politics is significant, and yet it is also completely and utterly insignificant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com