Thursday, March 8, 2012

Time for some action!

I grew up in a small town, and one of the cool things about growing up in a small town is that you go to school with pretty much the same people the whole time.  This means that I have known a good chunk of my Facebook friends since I was seven.  Now, I may not have been close with all of these people, but we share a common history, and it makes me excited to see when they do wonderful things.

One such Facebook friend recently has decided to shave her head for the cause of children's cancer research.  But, while shaving her head is certainly a statement that will perhaps turn others' heads, it is the money from the fundraising part that will actually go to helping research to help infants, children, teens and young adults with cancer!

She's well on her way to her goal, but I am hoping we can do our part in helping her.  If you feel like you can help this way, please click on this link and donate some money to her cause!

Note:  To those of you who are wary of charities and want to know how your money will be spent, here's the page from Charity Navigator about St. Baldrick's.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com