Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Silly Sun Hat

 It's summer.  It's Corvallis.  Thus, the sun occasionally makes an appearance!  Last year I learned that most sunscreens on the market contain ingredients that scientists believe cause melanoma (!!!).  This made me not want to put on sunscreen so often anymore.  I try not to spend too much time in direct sunlight, but it does happen on occasion.  This summer we gave away our collection of old sunscreens on Craigslist (if they're going to buy the same stuff anyway...), and we got a tube of Badger sunscreen which uses zinc oxide (but NOT nano-particle!) as the active ingredient.  This stuff seems to work well, and non-nano zinc oxide is believed to be safe, from what I've read.  Plus, the sunscreen has some cocoa in it, so it has the added benefit of smelling kind of chocolate-y.

Despite finding a decent sunscreen, it's still fairly expensive and it comes in a plastic tube.  Clearly I needed a HAT!  Not just any hat, but a slightly silly looking sun hat!  I found instructions here, and I made this super simple hat using leftover fabric from an apron and from a dress that I made.

The hat is reversible, which is kind of cool.



You can add a bow for ornament...

And there's nothing like making silly faces while wearing a silly hat!

1 comments:

Reeceloui said...

Hear give nice pose to wearing a good sun hat. I like all of pose of different mode.That's really good and amazing.

Sun Hat

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com