Wednesday, December 22, 2010

God is in the Everyday

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands..."

In the past, someone associated this verse from the Bible with Matthew. Anyone who knows my husband very well probably understands how this suits his personality! When we discussed the verse the first time, I thought it was very refreshing. I had spent years feeling pressure to be something BIG. I wasn't sure what that meant, but I felt that everyday that I was simply living without participating in big events, I was wasting time and failing at something. This verse reminded me that the very act of living life is big and that God is in the normal.

Over the last year or so, I have found spaces in my life that have brought me a lot of joy and have helped me to feel connected to God. I am envisioning this post as an introduction to a few different upcoming posts describing my experiences. I am looking forward to creating even more understanding in myself regarding my feelings, but I am also hoping that this is encouraging to those who have been made to feel guilty for not "doing something big for God."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com