Friday, October 12, 2012

CSA Weeks 17 & 18... The End!

 Week 17 provided about 15 pounds of:

  • Tomatoes
  • Pie pumpkins
  • Kabocha squash
  • Broccoli
  • Potatoes
  • Apples
  • Sweet peppers
  • Beets


Week 18 gave us 16.4 pounds of:
  • Kale
  • Pie pumpkin, spaghetti squash, and kabocha squash
  • Pears
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Navy beans
  • Hot peppers
I believe that this brings us to a total of 212.7 pounds of produce in 18 weeks!   It was a good 18 weeks full of a lot of food adventures and a lot of healthy food.  My one regret about this CSA is the plastic bags they package some of the food in.  It was one or two bags a week, and they used them to package lettuce or sometimes things like tomatoes.  I appreciated that they do their best by using biodegradable bags, but it still eats away at my package-free loving soul.   Mind you, I know that not all of their customer have the same passion for plastic as I do, so I understand what they do.

Next year we are considering trying a CSA that runs all year long.  Maybe I'll anticipate growing enough of our own food that we'll only get a half-share!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com