Saturday, June 30, 2012

Garden Update

You can go here to see most of these plants a month ago.  It's kind of crazy how fast they grow!


I dug five shrubs out of here yesterday.  (Don't worry, I gave them away.
I have nothing against the innocent shrubs.)  I am planning to use
this space mostly for an herb garden.  It's hard to see, but I currently
have two sunflowers and a calendula plant (provided by our CSA)
along with some rosemary (kindly given to me by our neighbor).
Today I threw some basil, oregano, and cilantro seeds into the ground.
To go along with the disorganized theme, I tried some lettuce, spinach
and kale too.  We'll see what happens.  I want to figure out some more
perennial herbs (other than rosemary) to plant along with the annuals.
Work in progress...


Lettuce, kale, and a lovely pink flower that revived when
I started watering the lettuce and kale.














Awww.  Peeposaurs.


In the back you can see my peas.  Look how HUGE they are!
We have been getting a daily dose of peas for a couple of weeks
now.  In the front you can see a zucchini plant and some
broccoli.  I've had some problems with caterpillars (and
chickens before they were banned from the garden) nibbling
up the leaves... Hopefully they'll still continue growing nicely.

Random tomato plant, and a random patch of lettuce that looks extremely happy.

Probably pumpkins.

Some carrots and a couple of lettuce plants.


















More zucchini... but I don't think that this is the type that
grows up trellises.  Oops... :P

The peppers are starting to look a little better.  While
they were potted inside, they got aphids on them which I
think turned the leaves yellow.  Now that they are outside the
are gradually getting new growth.

Another tomato.

This squash-ling actually is a volunteer from the worm bin!
It is also a mystery squash because we at all kinds of squash
over the winter.  I actually have six or so mystery squashes from
the worm bin going.  

Oh hey!  Exactly one of my spinach plants doesn't look like death
and plague.  The hail storm really destroyed the other ones.

The bush beans look pretty good, I think...

Oh hi, Apples!

This is a volunteer that looks like a tomato plant.
It's getting yellow flowers and everything... 



















Basil!  I even bravely pinched off the top a few weeks ago.
They seem to be getting bushier as a result. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com